Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What a day to start a blog on.

Today has been a special day for me. I woke up rather late, 10am -ish, and didn't get to do much of anything, other than waking up for the first hour or so. I've had plans to change the oil in my 1989 Honda CRX for the last few days, but havent been able to get around to it. I grab my violin out of its case and practice for less than half an hour before I head down to Albuquerque, NM, to meet with my good friend Carrie. As far as practicing days go, not a great start. Carrie also plays the violin, and we have planned a practice session together for an upcoming concert with Musicos. Musicos is a chamber group put together by an outstanding man and cellist, Roman Chavez. Carrie and I practice for a good number of hours, and actually get really, really good practice in. Today our Futurama jokes were even to a minimum! This makes for a productive day. After our practice session I have a little practice time to myself where I go over a few passages of quartet music. We are playing a Haydn quartet, a Brahms quartet, and a Beethoven quartet. There is a short bit of me playing an excerpt from that very Haydn quartet in the previous post. After a little bit of looking at various tricky parts, I head off to quartet rehearsal. We rehearse just the Brahms, and only the first 3 movements (didn't even make it to the 4th!), and wow, three hours later the four of us are out of steam. But what a feeling at the end of the day! I felt great. I still feel great! I wish I had this feeling of accomplishment more often. Today I am happy with all the violining I was able to accomplish. I truly love the violin, and want to play as best as I can, and as often as I can, and get better and learn more, and get over my fear of performing, and feel this great all the time. Too optimistic? I suppose so. But that's the point!
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Haha this is great, I'm enjoying having this blog. It's still brand brand new to me, but I can see it growing into something I'll look back on with many fond memories.

    ReplyDelete